Recipe: Andalusian Tapenade. The hojiblanca olive variety stands out for its soft vegetable flavour, with a slightly bitter note of green fruit and a hint of fresh grass.
· 150g pitted black olives
· 2 table spoons of capers
· ½ tin of tuna in olive oil
· 6 anchovy fillets
· A table spoon of lemon juice
· A tea spoon of mustard
· 5dl EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) of the hojiblanca variety
· ½ tea spoon of herbs of Provence
· Freshly ground black pepper
· Slices of crusty bread
1. Drain the olives, capers, and anchovies and place them in a large bowl together with the tuna divided in small pieces.
2. Add the lemon juice and mustard and mix to a soft paste.
3. Gradually add the EVOO a little at a time and mix with a fork until the paste is smooth and creamy. Then add the herbs.
4. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve on slices of crusty bread. This starter is also delicious accompanied by a side salad of freshly diced tomatoes and chives.
You can find more recipes like chickpea humus, tuna salmorejo and codfish brandada at the following link: