Beef tenderloin carpaccio with mango and hojiblanca olive oil recipe
Ingredients: · 400g beef tenderloin· 1 mango· 1 dl EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) of the hojiblanca variety· 150g idiazábal cheese (Basque cheese made from sheep milk)· Salt in flakes· Ground black pepper
1. Put the tenderloin in the freezer until it is hard enough (for about 50 minutes). Then, take it out and slice it in very thin slices
2. Apart, peel the mango, cut it in half, take out the central stone and cut the pulp into thin sheets.
3. Place the mango sheets in a large dish, add the meat slices on top and then, the cheese pieces.
4. Season with salt flakes and ground pepper.
5. Finally spread hojiblanca extra virgin olive oil. Let it marinate in the cold for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Why this olive oil?
Hojiblanca variety has a wide range of flavours, a fruity aroma, a slight spicy touch in the throat and an almondy after-taste.
You can find more carpaccios recipes, using different types of EVOO, like shrimps with fish eggs, ginger mushrooms or figs over ham… at the following link: